Thursday, March 29, 2012

Berry Almond Tarts

This tart is a very simple recipe that I turn to whenever I need a simple dessert that doesn't need too many ingredients but I want something delicious.  The ingredients needed are puff pastry, butter, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, almonds, flour and berries.

The recipe:
1/2 sheet of puff pastry
20 ounces butter, softened
3 cups sugar
12 eggs
8 tablespoons lemon zest
2 2/3 cups almond meal
8 tablespoons all-purpose flour
20 ounces raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries


Take the sheet of puff pastry and roll it out to be about 12" x 16".  Take a fork and dock the dough all over to keep it from puffing up too much, as well as keep the baked puff even.  Place the dough on a rimmed cookie sheet and bake until golden in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees. 
Cream the butter, lemon zest and the sugar.  Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well to make sure the egg is incorporated well.  Fold in the almond meal and the flour. 
Spread half of the almond mixture onto the cooled puff pastry that was baked.  Then add the berries, being sure to spread all over.  Then spread the remaining almond mixture on top of the berries and bake.  Bake at 325 degrees until the tart is set and the middle does not jiggle.

Note:  If you cannot find almond meal, you can take blanched almonds and process them in a food processor until they are ground finely.

Now that I've shared this recipe with everyone, I better make one to get my craving for this tart out of my system.  This whole writing about food and recipes does not seem like a great idea, especially since I've been making all of my favorite desserts and eating them all.
Happy chomps and nibbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment