Thursday, January 26, 2012

Reversed Chocolate Toffee?

So there is this idea that my boyfriend came up with, chocolate inside of an layer of toffee.  I thought it was totally impossible to make, but maybe there is a way to do so.  So after a lot of pondering, I came up with a plan.  Make the toffee... then simply wrap some chocolate chips inside the toffee before it gets too hard.  I try out this plan but as I try to work as quickly as i can,  I realize I am not fast enough.
The first one was a bust because the sugar was so soft that chocolate just oozed out...
The second one was a kinda a bust, but it was only because I wanted them to look like little truffles, round like a ball and when I set it down on the silpat, it became a mound that had a flat side...
The third, fourth, fifth and sixth came out good though.  They were round like balls and the chocolate was totally enclosed...
The last one I tried to make came out like a little wrinkle of toffee around some chocolate...
All in all it was a fun little experiment and I had fun and the toffees were delicious.  Maybe next time I'll add some chopped up almonds or walnuts and make some Reversed English Toffees.  ;D

Happy chomps and nibbles!

No comments:

Post a Comment